CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Pregnancy Ripoff!!!

For those of you experienced mothers that have had the privilege of shopping for maternity clothes, you will know the frustration that I found when I went to the store the other day. For those of you who don't know, I am about to tell you how some people make their money. So, I decided to go and look for some maternity pants the other day. The belly bands have been working great, but can slide off at times, so I thought I might check out a pair of maternity pants. Yeah, right!!! Try $118.oo for one pair of pants!!! Unfortunately for me, the smaller you are, the more expensive your pants are. And the ones I could afford were all too big and would never fit me, even at 9 months along! Bummer. There's no way on this earth that I will spend that much to wear a pair of pants. So, it's back to the belly bands. I will make them work. T-shirts were just about as bad. Try $40 for a t-shirt that's made out of the same material of my regular $7 t-shirts. Sorry, but no new t-shirts for me. I will keep looking. No wonder pregnant women get frustrated with their wardrobes. =)

6 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Where on earth did you go shopping?
Have you tried Target or Sears???

KLee said...

Or Old Navy or JCPenney. Did those pants work at all?

Anonymous said...

LOL. Actually I tried Motherhood Maternity first. That's where the outrageous prices were. =) But, I did try Sears and JCPenny. No luck there either for me. There prices were much better, but their clothes wouldn't fit me. Too big. But, I do plan to try Old Navy. Yes, those pants did work for me, and will come in handy, especially when I get bigger. Thanks so much KLee for letting me borrow them!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Have you tried some "regular" pant but maybe a size or two bigger than your regular size? Or some "regular" pants with elastic waist?

Kohl's also has maternity clothes.

Lauren said...

this may help: there are two sections in motherhood maternity. The more exspensive side when you walk in is called "some name I can't remember" and then in the back is the actual "motherhood maternity" stuff which is WAY cheaper. I bought jeans there for around $30. If you can find the less exspensive stuff, that's a great store! Good luck!! Can't go wrong with target though..

W and Js mommy said...

I do have to say I was VERY blessed to have things given to me from my sister and other friends with both pregnancies. HOWEVER I do feel your pain....you have to get a whole new wardrobe. I am going through my things right now trying to get them ready to consign! Good luck.....TARGET has WAYYYYYYYYYY cute things