CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sorry It Took So Long! =)

Now that the end of the school year is upon me, and I am so far along in my pregnancy, keeping up with this thing has not been at the top of my priority list. I'm sorry to those who check it frequently. I have been terrible at putting updates on here. I will try to do better. =)

School is getting a little crazy. The kids have been showing signs of spring fever, and their teacher isn't far behind them. =) They are ready to be done, and I think I might be getting to that point as well. =) But I hope to finish strong. We have 23 more school days left. My due date just so happens to be directly after school finishes. In fact, I'm due on our second teacher workday. I hope to make it all the way, but if not, I'm ok with going a little early as well. I am so eager to meet this little guy that is so fond of bruising my ribs. =)

I'm 34 1/2 weeks now, and Josiah is still so active. It's very reassuring when I feel him. I love to feel him move and watch his feet and hands bulge out of my skin. It's a little freaky when I start to think about it; almost as if I'm watching an alien movie. But, it's so fun and entertaining. I could watch him move for hours and be perfectly content.

I went to the doctor on Monday for another checkup. He said that I was measuring perfectly, his heartbeat sounded great, and everything is looking good. He also said that in another week and a half, if I go into labor, they won't stop me. But, he also mentioned that if I'm hoping to go early, it's under W in the dictionary for "wishful thinking." =) Every pregnant woman hopes for that, and many are disappointed. So, I'm trying not to think about that, because I don't want to spend the next 5 weeks disappointed. =)

For the most part, I don't feel a whole lot different than I did 4 weeks ago. I'm growing, for sure, and he is getting heavy, but it isn't unbearable yet. I tend to be much more tired by the time school ends each day, and usually have to come home and take a short nap so I can make it through the rest of the day. Sleeping at night seems to be a little more difficult, but I'm managing. My Braxton Hicks are still happening every day, some days more than others. And sometimes, they are more consistent than others as well. But, again, nothing to unbearable. =) I'm trying to be as positive as I can these next five weeks. After all, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and a reward is coming soon! I can't wait!

0 comments: